Thursday, February 25, 2010

Perro Caliente


I was a little hesitant to do a pepto bismol pink hot dog background but it goes perfectly with the crazy Colombian fast food places I visited in Queens a few weeks ago. Sometimes when I paint these things I sort of forget I'm mixing gouache and not mayonnaise and mustard. Usually those turn out the best. New prints coming next week (including this one).


If you don't know, Colombian hot dogs are topped with crushed chips and all kind of crazy mess- pineapples, bacon, ham, cheese, fruit sauce, mayo, russian dressing, hard boiled eggs.

more- Hot Dog Of The Week: Perro Caliente

3 comments:

  1. Am dubious about the pineapple inclusion but loving the work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! The pineapple was pretty good actually (great with bacon) but the one with the hard boiled eggs was super weird.

    ReplyDelete