Friday, March 20, 2009

bsg sketches






in honor of the series finale tonight I wanted to do some portraits of battlestar galactica characters.. if you dont know already it's a fantastic show... I finally gave it a chance and devoured the first 3 seasons on DVD in maybe 2 weeks.

Adama (Edward James Olmos) was easy, but I must have drawn Boomer/Sharon/Athena (Grace Park) about 400 times and still don't have it right. I really want to get a good Starbuck with her knocking back a shot, maybe I'll work on more next week.. where do they get all the booze & cigarettes in outer space anyway??

3 comments:

  1. Like these. Saul is great. Nice job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh snaaaaaap! All are GREAT. The Boomer one captures her mood more than her looks. Can you do a Number 6? Are any of these still available? I'm on season 4.5 right now + people tell me their opinions of the end. Well jokes on them - people that ruin stuff for others are jerks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I sold Adama but the others are floating around somewhere + there are more that I didn't post.

    Never did a number 6! I drew boomer like 20 times and just couldn't get her face right.. not easy!!

    ReplyDelete