Wednesday, February 15, 2012

PW Food & Drink Cover



Cover for Philadelphia Weekly's "Soul Food" themed food & drink issue. Awesome to work with them again & got me thinking about all the amazing soul food spots and street BBQ tents in west philly I've never tried.


Here's my original layout, they changed the background color and skewed it a little bit. Looks good especially in the PW honor box with some graffiti stickers and probably a half eaten box of fried chicken on top somewhere. Sketches and progress shots below. 




 Looking at pictures of jerk chicken and cornbread all weekend I couldn't take it anymore and headed over to Gigi & Big R a few hours after sending the final version of the cover. Delicious.

1 comment:

  1. ohhh, so you are the culprit of that artwork :), nice, I love hand drawn covers, we dont have those too often.

    Great Artwork!!
    -DG (i work for PW as a Graphic Designer)

    ReplyDelete